Vulnerability. An Introduction to the Series

Image from New Yorker Cartoon
Being vulnerable is not something that comes as second nature to us humans. Most of us are in a constant battle to fight for a strong, unbreakable image and to deny even the slightest presence of weakness. It is not even a question of which gender is more likely to be expressive in their vulnerability; both can be very deeply rooted in denial - in my unprofessional opinion.

So why vulnerability? What is wrong with wearing a mask anyway? Who actually benefits from being vulnerable?

If you would like to hear more on this topic, join me as I explore this it in detail for the next few entries. I have always found this area to be a bit vague and wishy-washy. And yes, I naturally lean more to the notion of putting on a brave face and 'being of good cheer' even when cheer is far removed from what I actually feel inside.

However, the reality of people finding themselves in a vulnerable space is becoming more and more evident to me in my therapy practice. I find myself encouraging clients to avoid masking their challenges and fears, especially from themselves. Why? Because being vulnerable is a trait that is linked to courage. Why? Well, that is what we shall explore.

I look forward to learning something new, and sharing it with you.

Love always
Julie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do we Really Know we Know?

Out of Faith or Out of Fear: On what do you base your actions?

Lines and Points